STEM Fellowship is a youth-run Canadian non-profit organization that uses mentorship and experiential learning to equip the next generation of changemakers with indispensable skills in data science and scholarly writing. We began our activity in February 2015 and soon expanded to high schools and universities across Canada. Currently, we have 20 university branches in over 8 provinces and we’re still growing!
We have created many high-quality programs, the goal of our programs is to inspire and enable youths to become more involved in Data Science. Those programs include the STEM Fellowship Journal (SFJ), that publishes research conducted by first-time high school and undergraduate authors, nation-wide Scholarly Writing Workshops, a Scholarly Writing Challenge for high schoolers, the Big Data Challenge, mentor programs, and many more opportunities!
- We are a virtual meeting place for advanced STEM learning and Big Data education.
- We are a place where students can collaborate to develop their ideas and discuss them with world-class experts in their field.
- We provide an opportunity for peer-review and scholarly publications of high school and university students’ research.
- Becoming a STEM Fellowship member can lead to amazing opportunities such as peer-mentor networks, executive positions, conferences, contests, workshops, and even internships.
- We present a new philosophy for student-driven experiential learning in STEM and provide our fellows with tools that will help them in the current STEM research and education ecosystem.
If you want to be involved in STEM Fellowship, join one of the many programs we offer, or:
- Become your region’s SF ambassador
- Join your university’s SF branch (or start one yourself!)
- Become an SF executive
- Follow us on our social media sites! (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)