Who Are We?
We present a new philosophy for student-driven experiential learning in STEM and provide our fellows with tools that will help them in the current STEM research and education ecosystem. We are a virtual meeting place for advanced STEM learning. A place where students can collaborate to develop their ideas, and discuss them with world-class experts. An opportunity for peer-review and scholarly publications of high school and university research.
- The late Hon. Arnold Chan, Deputy House Speaker, attended our Big Data Day ceremony, the culminating event of our BDC, in 2016 and bestowed the BDC with a certificate of appreciation on behalf of the Government of Canada;
- 1 of 3 finalists for the 2017 Canadian Open Data Summit’s Open Data Rising Star Award;
- Recipient of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation Award of Excellence;
- Our BDC has been under the patronage of the Canadian Commission for UNESCO (CCUNESCO) since 2017, thereby receiving both in-kind and monetary support;
- Recognised by the United Nations Association Canada- Toronto Region as their 2017 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) award winner, given the contribution students made towards Canada’s 2030 Agenda via the 2018 BDC;
- The Lieutenant Governors of Ontario and Alberta, Governor General of Canada, and Prime Minister of Canada have supported our 2019 high school and undergraduate BDCs through in-person attendance, video messages, and letters of support;
- Canada Summer Jobs has supported our organization since 2018, providing students with valuable job opportunities
- Our University of Calgary Branch was selected from over 300 clubs to receive the Quality of Education Award from the University Students’ Union
- Our High School Big Data Challenge has been selected as a finalist for the University of Calgary 2020 Experiential Learning Project in Sustainability Award
Becoming a STEM Fellowship member can lead to amazing opportunities such as peer-mentor networks, executive positions, conferences, contests, workshops, and even internships.
If you want to be involved in STEM Fellowship, join one of the many programs we offer, or: