Our program offers students the unique opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research in a university lab. This program will take place for five days during spring break and will enable students to explore the world of research, be immersed in the process of scientific inquiry, and ask questions about possible paths to this field. Participants will engage in activities including tours of first-class research facilities, introductions to basic techniques and experiments using state-of-the-art equipment, shadowing of lab personnel and attending lab meetings, seminars and faculty presentations. Students will be mentored one-on-one by graduate students and will be involved in the hands-on experiments that their mentors are working on.
Please see this link for a list of the projects that our participating labs are currently working on. On the application form, students can rank the projects in which they are most interested and we will do our best to place students in one of their top three choices.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria in order for consideration: Must be enrolled in a Canadian high school in grade 10, 11 or 12
- Must demonstrate an interest in STEM research
- Must complete application form and submit all required documentation prior to the deadline
- Must be at least 15 years of age as of March 1st, 2018
Applications open December 19, 2017 and will be open until February 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
|December||Applications open, students will have access to a guidebook and can contact the Internships team to help prepare a strong application.|
|January||Application closes February 1, 2018|
|February||Successful interns notified by March 1, 2018|
|March||Internships take place over the week of March 12-16|
Link to application page here.
Students accepted into the program will be responsible for:
- Travel arrangements to and from the lab
- Completing safety courses (if necessary) prior to beginning the internship and following lab safety protocols during the week
- Ensuring completion of safety waiver forms
- Completing a feedback survey following the internship
Please do not hesitate to contact the Toronto Internships Lead, Sabrina, at email@example.com