CaYPT Student Fellowship Program (SFP)
Motivation and Goal
The CaYPT Student Fellowship Program (SFP) provides CaYPT teams with $1000 CAD equivalent of financial support with the following goals:
- Promote CaYPT and physics education in local communities
- Better equity, diversity, and inclusivity of the CaYPT program
- Fund team’s CaYPT research
We hope that the CaYPT SFP will be a platform for young leaders to make a positive impact in their schools and community.
Jan 31st, 2023, 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
We encourage you to submit your application before the CaYPT registration.
- A team consisting of 5 students all attending Canadian secondary school at the time of application and CaYPT competition and one eligible Team Leader Juror is required to make an application.
- Team leader juror must judge in at least 2 out of 5 selective Physics Matches (PM).
- One payee over the age of 18 must be identified in the application.
- Changing team members are permitted. The CaYPT committee must be notified by email.
- The payee can not be changed. If a change has to be made, reapplication is needed. No application will be accepted after the deadline
- All 5 students must participate in both days of CaYPT including the opening and closing ceremonies
- E-transfer from STEM Fellowship to the designated payee
- The registration fee of $315 will be waived
- Payment 1 of $335 will be made immediately after the application is successful
- Payment 2 of $350 will be made after completion of CaYPT
- A receipt must be signed and returned to the CaYPT committee after each payment
- The team must write a 300-word testimonial describing how the fellowship was used towards one of the three goals outlined in their application.
Choose ONE of the following questions to answer. Your answer should not exceed 1000 words.
- Explain how you will use the funding from CaYPT SFP to help promote CaYPT and physics education in your school or community.
- Describe how you will use the funding from CaYPT SFP to better equity, diversity, and inclusivity of the CaYPT program at your school or community.
- Describe the projects and/or experiments the CaYPT SFP will help fund in your team’s CaYPT research. You may include details like:
- Planned purchase of instrument or equipment (include model and cost)
- Planned costs for services (include cost)
- Project/experiment goals and objectives
- Project/experiment timeline
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Submission Steps/Checklist
- Fill out the application form (Click Here for Fillable Form)
- 1000 words answer addressing one of the three application questions
- Combine form and answer into one file
- Submit combined file via the Google Form. (Click Here to go to the Form)
2,538 total views, 6 views today